Guppyfriend wash bag
❤️ Why we love the product
✓ Filters microplastics
✓ Material: untreated polyamide 6.6
📧 Save 20% when registering for the newsletter for the first time
🚚 Fast delivery – 1-2 business days
🍃 Climate-neutral shipping with DHL GoGreen
🧾 Buy now, pay in 30 days
The environmentally friendly Guppyfriend laundry bag prevents microplastic fibers from getting into rivers and seas when washing synthetic textiles. The broken fibers are deposited in the wash bag during washing and can then be easily removed and disposed of. This not only protects your clothes, but also the environment!
Much of our clothing is made from synthetic materials. However, when these garments are washed, broken plastic fibers are produced, which then end up in rivers and seas as microplastics via the wastewater and thus harm the environment. The solution: the Guppyfriend wash bag! This eco-friendly laundry bag prevents the leakage of harmful microplastics while protecting your clothes. According to the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, when washing with the Guppyfriend washing bag, on average 86% fewer fibers in synthetic clothing break off. As a result, the microplastic discharge during washing can be significantly reduced!
• The Guppyfriend reduces fiber breakage and protects your clothes.
• Broken plastic fibers are held back. The bag itself does not release fibers.
• Size M: 50x74 cm
• With multilingual packaging and instructions
• 100% plastic-free packaging
• About ⅔ full – so that the textiles can move around in the bag
• Also wash other (non-synthetic) textiles or a second filled Guppyfriend - to avoid an imbalance
• Wash at max. 40°
• Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
• Remove coarse dirt and animal hair before washing
• Slide the zipper into the designated “garage” at the end of the zipper
1) Put synthetic textiles in the Guppyfriend laundry bag before machine washing.
2) Place the laundry in the sealed bag in the washing machine. Add other, non-synthetic, textiles and wash as usual.
3) Remove the wet garment from the Guppyfriend wash bag.
4) Remove the remaining fibers from the inside of the filter fabric by hand and dispose of with the residual waste.
• Rinse under running water – to prevent collected microplastic fibers from being washed out into the environment
• Wash sharp-edged objects as well – so as not to damage the material
• Ironing – the material can also be damaged here (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
• Use in the tumble dryer - broken fibers can escape from the bag
• Hang/dry in direct sunlight - to avoid damaging the material
WingGuard.de - Sustainable products for you and me
With WingGuard, you no longer have to guess or hope which products are good for you and your home. All products in our shop are subject to strict standards to be non-toxic, effective, sustainable and cruelty-free. As soon as you have found a product that you like, we will deliver it to your home in a CO2-neutral manner.
Sustainability belongs in the middle of society. We offer our customers the best shopping experience & naturally motivate them to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
As good for you & the planet as it gets
Sustainability is the origin and drive of our actions and thoughts. Therefore all products meet the WingGuard standard. We focus on security, transparency, sustainability and social responsibility. We always look at sustainability holistically. As a company, we are both climate and plastic neutral - across the entire supply chain.